Monday, February 27, 2006

"I think it's important to be on the right side of history"

Nothing scares the multi-national corporate governments than a rich man with a platform and a conscience. Clooney says "I think it's important to be on the right side of history." As another man with a platform and a conscience, Hunter Thompson, said:

"well, shit on that. George W. Bush does not speak for me or my son or the people I respect in this world. we did not vote for these cheap, greedy little killers who speak for America today... Who does vote for these shitheads? Who among us can be happy and proud of having all this innocent blood on our hands? Who are these swine? These flag-sucking halfwits who get fleeced and fooled by stupid little rich kids like George Bush?

" they are the same ones who wanted to have Muhammad Ali locked up for refusing to kill "gooks". They speak for all that is cruel and vicious in the american character. They are the racists and hate mongers among us... I piss down the throats of these nazis. And I am too old to worry about whether they like it or not. Fuck Them."

"In a nation ruled by swine, all pigs are upwardly-mobile- and the rest of us are fucked until we can put our acts together. Not necessarily to win, but to keep from losing completely. We owe that to ourselves and our crippled self-image as something better than a nation of panicked sheep... but we owe it especially to our children, who will have to live with our los and all itsl ong-term consequences. I don't want my son asking me, in 1984, why his friends are calling me a "Good German".


And it doesn't hurt that Clooney helped carry the greatest movie ever made.

No comments: