Monday, February 13, 2006

"The 101 Most Dangerous Professors in America"

David Horowitz's new book tries to intimidate professors into silence. I feel like HST felt about Nixon's enemies list:

"I would almost have preferred a vindictive tax audit to that kind of crippling exclusion. Christ! What kind of waterheads compiled that list? How can I show my face in the Jerome Bar, when word finally reaches Aspen that I wasn't on it... There is slim satisfaction in the knowledge that my exclusion from the list of "White House enemies" has more to do with timing and Ron Ziegler's refusal to read Rolling Stone than twith the validity of all the things I've said and written about that evil bastard."

HST: Rude Notes from a Decompression Chamber in Miami
Rolling Stone # 140, August 1973; Reprinted in 'The Great Shark Hunt' Warner Books

To which I'll only add, paraphrasing the Chimp-in-Charge:

Bring it, you punk-ass motherfuckers. I'd be glad to be on your fucking list.

No comments: