- 5:30am alarm
- 6:00am elliptical
- 7:00am quick breakfast
- 7:30-8:45am University breakfast for top academic student recruits: talking up Study Abroad and the Ireland class
- 9:00am race to pick up Dharmonia for her morning meeting
- 9:15-10:45am edit video of the Celtic Ensemble (still hoping-against-hope for a successful--if costly--recovery of crashed 500gb hard-drive)
- 11-11:50am teach sophomore music history class, cope with technology glitches, read the riot act to the dozen students who think the Friday TA-led discussion meetings are "optional"
- 12-12:30pm code, publish, and upload Flash slideshow in aftermath of history class
- 12:30-1:00pm fine-tune slideshow for upcoming 1:00pm class, print mid-term exam forms
- 1-1:50pm administer mid-term in Ireland class--realize that I'll have a stack of multi-page essays to grade
- 2-3:30pm catch up with recommendations, paperwork, weirdo student actings-out in various of our music appreciation classes
- 3:30-5pm mentoring meeting with tenure-stream colleague
- 5:15pm race home, feed Mister Man, create some dinner that'll keep for Dharmonia when she gets home after rehearsal
- 6:30pm down the street to lead monthly Irish ceili dance at neighborhood coffee-shop
- 7-9:35pm play for/lead dance
- 9:50pm home to start preparing for next day
Will try to do better tomorrow.
Below the jump: dawn (and spring blossoms) on the South Plains.
*See "Paddy's Not at Work Today".