Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Proud of my hippie/pinko alma mater...

The 10 months I spent in NYC in 1976-77 as a part of the pilot class in the Freshman Year Program of the New School for Social Research (a legendarily leftist/pinko institution) was some of the most positive, inspiring, and mind-expanding time I've ever spent; the Program later became the New School's full four-year bachelor's program. Both inside and outside the classroom, the people I met and the topics to which I was exposed changed my sense of what was possible in the world. I couldn't be happier that my old homies are telling John McCain to take his brown lipstick-wearing Falwell-ass-kissing opportunistic self elsewhere. We were and are David Horowitz's biggest nightmare: intellectuals and academics who are both smarter, better-educated, mentally-tougher, and more honestly-employed than he is.

Friends: kick McCain one more time for me, too.

No comments: