From a post about exploiting social networking, the following a jackpot:
- Do good work. Create a good product, have great customer service, etc.
- Listen. What is being said about you is as important, if not more than, what you are saying about you.
- Care. In social media channels where conversations are more intimate, people can really tell if you are paying lip service or paying attention.
- Add value. What you bring to the conversations and communities better be relevant, thoughtful, and of real use to the community members (friends, fans, followers).
- Be real. Authentic, transparent, honest — you know the drill, but are you doing it?